"Write it as Failure, Read it as Experience"

Saturday 21 November 2009

Mid November Haul

Anyone else loving 'Wedding Dress' By Taeyang ^_^
Congrats to 2pm for grabbing Best male group and Artist of the Year at MAMA 2009. Need to locate where to watch all the performances.

Moving on, it has been a while since the last blogpost having being busy sorting parts of my life out but that has never stopped me from abit of retail therapy. So lets start off with cosmetics first:





Sleek palette in Graphite - I loving the dark smokey colours and was lucky enough to grab the last one on the shelf (in perfect condition too), they are selling out quicker than I expected. Although these produce loads of fall outs, the colour is really pigmented as expected like their other palettes. I also got the 'Acid' and 'Original' palettes from when they first launched.

Next I got hold of a Collection 2000 'Angelic' eye palette. I've always been a sucker for product packaging and just this just caught my eye. I swatched the colours in store and was surprised at how pigmented the eye shadows were. They are light shimmery colours, easy to work with.



I found a £5 off No7 voucher from Boots which was expiring the next day so decided to not waste it and get something. I spent ages trying to choose something that I don't have and will use. I ended up with the 'Shine Free' make-up base, it claims:

'Keeps shiny skin under control all day long, with this mattifying oil-free base. Light-reflecting particles help disguise fine lines and flws, while oil absorbing Biopol helps minimise blemishes and blot away shine without blocking pores'

Sounds amazing right? Well I've only used it a couple times and it does give a matte base to work with but it doesnt last long. I definitely wont be repurchasing.
I've tried my mum's Olay moisturiser which she has been using since forever and I really liked it so I ended up getting one for myself as I was on the hunt for a new moisturiser. It instantly absorbs into my skin without leaving it greasy. *thumbs up*




In this months Glamour magazine they were giving away nail polish by Nails Inc. I have previously heard great reviews about this brand so picked up my monthly copy of Glamour containing the polish in 'Elizabeth Street' which is a pale nude pink. The outer packaging is really cute ^^

I also ordered some stuff from e.l.f as they have launched more products in both their normal and studio lines but will put them in a different pot as I havent taken any pictures or swatched them yet.






Onto non-cosmeitc related items, nothing special in particular. As pictured, Grey cardi Uggs (gift), some ankle trainer-shoes (not sure if I'll be keeping these, think it was just an impulse buy), 2 snoods (these are so chunky and warm) and lint rolls (a must for pet owners) from h&m and a bracelet from Strawberry Bunny (the 3 stars caught my eye because of my tattoo).


2 comments:

  1. Snap: I've just bought the same boots as you! I had a friend visiting from London bring them over for me to Korea. I love mine as they're so warm and cosy and Korea's so cold at the moment. They look great with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello!visit this site..to get lovely dress~

    http://sweetiegem86.blogspot.com/2009/12/selling-stufff-fee-postage-for-both-as.html

    ReplyDelete